Google Analytics can be operated in several modes:
- Plain simple Google Analytics – usage of the site is tracked
- Google Analytics with demographics tracking
- Google Analytics with enhanced link attribution
- Google Analytics with demographics and link attribution
- Google Analytics with UserID session tracking
- Google Analytics with Remarketing/Display Advertising
- Universal Analytics (new version)
- Universal Analytics with demographics tracking
- Universal Analytics with enhanced link attribution
- Universal Analytics with UserID session tracking
- Universal Anlaytics with Remarketing/Display Advertising
- Universal Analytics with ECommerce transaction tracking
- Universal Analytics with demographics, link attribution, UserID session and ECommerce transaction tracking
Plus it makes it easy to see exactly what you have enabled per site.
This plugin also:
- Provides a fix for bounce tracking, in that an event gets generated after a configurable timeout once they have scrolled down the page. This way if the user is actually reading a page it won’t be counted as a bounce.
- Allows you to turn off Google Analytics tracking for specific pages if required (i.e. privacy or performance).
- Allows you to turn off Google Analytics for a set of request IP’s or subnets (i.e. your office), saves having to fiddle with IP settings in GA itself.
- Allows you to turn off tracking by role (by default Administrator).
- Support for event tracking
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Unzip the zip file in place.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Setting → Analytics Control+ to enter your Google Analytics ID and set the options.
- Make sure your settings on Google Analytics match what you have selected.
Contributors & Developers
“Analytics Control Plus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Analytics Control Plus” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
= 1.14 –
* event tracking shortcode added
= 1.13 –
* Link to https://webcheck.aykira.com.au/ in settings screen
= 1.12 –
* Putting ?_noacp=y in the URL will stop tracking, great for screenshot scripts
= 1.11 –
* Fixes for const references
- Support for remarketing/Display Advertising (AdWords)
- Further fix for excluded IP’s whitespace issues
- UA ECommerce transaction initialisation
- Further fix for whitespace blank IP field
- Support for UserID tracking in GA (thanks Keesjan!)
- Bug fix with blank space in IP field
- Support for role based exclusion from tracking.
- Control over if the tracking code goes in the header or footer (defaults to header now).
- Support for Universal Analytics – just set to Yes in the settings and its changed.
- Can disable GA by request source IP if required.
- Can disable GA per page if required.
- Initial Release