Better Comments is a great tool to help you style and customize your comment form and your comments section, in just a few clicks.
It saves you from having to meddle with your child theme’s CSS, just select the options you need and you’re all set.
Here’s a glimpse of what you can do with Better Comments:
- customize the look and feel of your comment form fields: border, radius, background and text colors
- match the submit button with the colors of your site: border, radius, background and text and hover colors, dropshadow
- highlight the fields as they are selected and typed in
- set a Comment Policy section that can sit before or after the comment textarea, and define its look and feel
- stack all fields in the comment form, to mimick a mobile view
- move the comment field to the bottom of the form
- remove the URL field
- set a custom default avatar for non-users
- allow users to upload their own image avatar, within their profile
- define a custom avatar shape among: circle, triangle, rhombus, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, nonagon, decagon, bevel, rabbet, or message
- hide the comment’s date
- design the Reply button to your liking: border, radius, background, text, hover colors, padding, text-decoration
Better Comments Premium provides other sets of options that allow you to:
- enable comments quicktags for your audience to format their comments nicely: you can define built-in quicktags (bold, italic, link etc) or define your own quicktags within the admin panel
- access time-saving admin controls: oEmbeds in comments, disable admin self-notifications, add referrer to notifications, allow admin to comment on closed to comments posts
- reduce SEO errors with smart redirects and keep the SEO juice flowing
- increase security levels and reduce spam: shutdown trackbacks, disable comments cookies, discard comments posted with a numeric name, discard people impersonating registered members
- disable comments on both built-in post types and your custom post types
- remove comments completely from both built-in post types and your custom post types
New features are added on a regular basis.
- In WP Admin, add a new plugin
- Search for Better Comments
- Install and activate the plugin
- Set your options on the Better Comments settings page.
Contributors & Developers
“Better Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Better Comments” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.5.3 – 2023-04-06
- Enhancement – reduce plugin footprint in the backend
- Update – FS library
- Update – CF library