Easily add multi step forms to Contact Form 7
This is an addon for Contact Form 7 that allows you to transform your long contact form into a WordPress multi step form.
Imagine that your form has 20+ fields and appears to be a lengthy list… Don’t discourage your audience with that! Let’s make your form look simpler!
The shorter, the better.
Simply add as many steps or form pages as you want.
Create new steps right inside your Contact Form 7 menu with their built-in tags and options.
Easy to Use
A tab makes a new step, thus very easy to switch and edit the form’s fields.
Custom Step Title
Give your step a specific name to optimize your form with clear types of information.
Works seamlessly with Contact Form 7 and all of its extensions.
- Quote form
- Request form
- Registration form
- Quotation form
- Subscription form
- Event form
- Application form
- Reservation form
🔑 HOW DOES MULTI-STEP FORM WORKS?
This Multi-Step plugin extends the Contact Form 7 functionality. After activating, you can start adding a new tab as a new step to your form. You can also have many multi step forms on the same website.
Check out documentation here.
With Multi-Step Pro, form steps can have their own titles, custom Back and Next buttons, animation effects, and more:
- Progress bar (Pro): show numbered steps, various pre-built design options, percentage display
- Show input (Pro): add this new tag to help display input data in the previous fields and steps
- Preview button (Pro): insert a button to allow your visitors to double-check their submitted data before sending the form
- Choose step (Pro): let the audience choose a particular step to complete first
Happy Form Building! 🧡
This CF7 Multi-Step plugin goes well with:
Feel free to create a topic or drop us a message.
What if I uninstall the Multi-Step addon for Contact Form 7?
Your contact form will come back to its previous state with all fields and tags displaying on a single page.
What are the differences between the Multi-Step Lite & Pro version?
Multi-Step Pro comes with advanced features including progress bar, percentage, custom button, transition effects, preview option, user-selected steps, and so on.
Is that a one-time payment for Contact Form 7 Multi Step Pro?
Yes, you pay once to get lifetime updates.
Considering upgrading your contact form to Pro? Check it out: Contact Form 7 Multi Step Pro.
Contributors & Developers
“Multi Step for Contact Form 7” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Multi Step for Contact Form 7” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Apr 7, 2023 – Version 188.8.131.52
- Fixed: Error with Next button
Apr 3, 2023 – Version 2.7.4
- Work with WP 6.2
- Added: scroll to first error when validate failed
- Added: New validation function
- Fixed: Recall tag (PRO version)
- Fixed: Array map in PHP 8.0
- Fixed: Compatible with Contact form 7 Database
- Fixed: Preview tag style
Oct 24, 2022 – Version 2.7.3
- Added: Auto focus on the first field
Oct 10, 2022 – Version 2.7.2
- Added: Alert when activating 2 versions
Aug 25, 2022 – Version 2.7.1
- Fixed: Error of file upload required field
Jun 20, 2022 – Version 2.7
- Fixed: Error of required fields
Aug 25, 2022 – Version 2.6.9
- Fixed: Validate file upload required
Jun 20, 2022 – Version 2.6.8
- Fixed: Validate required field in new version CF7 5.6
Dec 9, 2021 – Version 2.6.7
- Fixed: Break contact form layout
- Fixed: No validation for hidden field
Dec 1, 2021 – Version 2.6.6
– Fixed: Contact form handling properties (CF7 version >= 5.5.3)
Jun 28, 2021 – Version 2.6.5
- Fixed: Check step name is array or object when load form
May 28, 2021 – Version 2.6.4
- Fixed: Error Recall tag
Dec 1, 2021 – Version 2.6.3
- Fixed: Contact form properties handling (CF7 version >= 5.5.3)
Apr 23, 2021 – Version 2.6.2
- Fixed: Button color
- Fixed: Form validation
Mar 15, 2021 – Version 2.6.1
- Improved: Admin UI
- Fixed: Double click on Next button
- Fixed: Error validate upload file since CF7 5.4
- Fixed: Next button in WPBakery
- Fixed: File upload validation
- Fixed: Event click Allow Choose Step
- Fixed: CSS of color board
- Fixed: CSS text Select Option
- Fixed: Sanitize some fields
- Fixed: Split of undefined
- Fixed: CSS of Submit button only affected if its form has steps
- Fixed: Compatible with Moana – Contact Form 7 Builder
- Removed: Form border
- Removed: Unused files
2.5 – BIG UPDATE
- Fixed: Error with WordPress 5.5
- Fixed: Compatibility with Moana – Contact Form 7 Builder
- Added: New layout
- Added: Styles for progress bar (Pro)
- Added: Color for progress bar (Pro)
- Added: Transition effects for steps (Pro)
- Added: Progress percent bar (Pro)
- Added: Live preview for progress bar (Pro)
- Added: Add class “current” into present steps
- Added: Scroll to top of the form when pressed “Next”, “Back”
- Added: Turn on/off for scroll animation
- Added: Name for checkbox field (-cbmls) (e.g: checkbox-123-cbmls)
- Added: WordPress Hooks
- Added: New form-tag “recall” to display what the user has filled in the form (Pro)
- Added: Preview Button (Pro)
- Added: JS functions to save user’s information in every step & work with Contact Form 7 Database
- Added: Some hooks for developers to fix button background color
- Added: POT file for translate
- Added: Language translate
- Added: Press Enter to submit
- Added: Loading animation
- Fixed: Some bugs
- Fixed: Error message for checkboxes
- Fixed: Checkboxes with use_label_element
- Fixed: Njt Answer for default option of radio button
- Fixed: Red border of required fields missing
- Fixed: Compatible with contact form 7 version 4.8
- Fixed: Fix js bug with some hosts
- Fixed: Fix bug with multi forms
- Fixed: Conflict with Visual Composer
- Fixed: Auto p
- Fixed: Validation with select
- Fixed: Acceptance tags
- Fixed: Validation
- Fixed: Translate default text in CF7 Message tab
- Removed: WPCF7_Shortcode
- Removed: wpcf7_add_shortcode
- Removed: deprecated functions
- Removed: Unused files
- Changed: Tag line
- Changed: last button’s background color, text color in admin panel
- Improved: CSS
- Improve UX/UI
- Fix CSS
- Version 1.0 Initial Release