The WordPress Citation Importer plugin imports individual citations, bibliography lists, or lists of DOIs into the WordPress publication database. You may choose which post type to use as the destination. Some custom fields and a taxonomy are specified, but can be filtered (as can the post fields themselves).
The plugin uses the CrossRef Metadata API to retrieve complete publication information using the citation as a search query.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Citation Importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Citation Importer” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Query the Crossref Metadata API for both DOI and text query
- Remove markup from queries for more accurate results
- Handle responses with no items
- Translate single vs. multiple citations correctly
- Clean up submit buttons
- Sanitize imported data
- Add sample filters file
- Remove verbose errors
- Suppress XML errors
- Fix filter empty text reference
- String cleanup
- Fix column IDs
- Remove abstract until it’s incorporated into the API
- Add progress bar, batch pause, and date formatting
- Remove short DOI, as it is not always present
- Move post type logic
- Add labels and nonces
- Use home_url() for user agent
- Prevent query transient index from being overwritten
- Initial commit