The Climate Tagger Plugin for WordPress is a simple, FREE and easy-to-use way to
integrate the well-known Climate Tagger API into your WordPress site. The
Climate Tagger API has been helping knowledge-driven web
sites better catalogue, categorize, contextualize and connect their data with
that from the broader climate knowledge community since 2011. The Climate Tagger
is backed by an expansive Climate Compatible Development Thesaurus, developed by
experts in multiple fields and continuously updated to remain current.
The tags suggested by the Climate Tagger are displayed in a word cloud, with the
most relevant tags appearing larger.
The plugin is based on Thoth’s Suggested
Tags. More information
about the Climate Tagger is available at
This plugin uses wp-cli and PHPUnit for testing.
The tests require runkit for mocking functions.
Grab the latest source from github:
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:aptivate/climate-tagger.git
- Install PHPUnit
Set up runkit:
$ git clone https://github.com/zenovich/runkit.git
$ cd runkit
$ sudo make install
Add the following lines to
Install the test WordPress environment:
bash bin/install-wp-tests.sh test_db_name db_user ‘db_password’ db_host version
test_db_name is the name for your temporary test WordPress database
db_user is the database user name
db_password is the password
db_host is the database host (eg
version is the version of WordPress (eg
- Run the tests
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate it through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Register at http://api.climatetagger.net/register to get your FREE API token (or use your exiting one)
- Enable the plugin and enter the API key (Settings -> Climate Tagger)
- The Suggested Tags box will appear on the right hand side when you create a post (Save Draft to refresh tag suggestions after you added your text or made changes..
- Select any of the suggested tags from the word cloud to automatically add them to your article
- If you wish tag suggestions to appear for pages as well as posts, add
pageto the comma-separated list of Post types on the Settings page
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Climate Tagger” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Climate Tagger” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
* Added the possibility to select a certain project in the Climate Tagger configuration
* Adapted methods after ClimateTagger API changes
- Documentation updates
- Replaced references to reegle API with Climate Tagger
- Documentation updates only
- First version