Counter Box – the simple and functional WordPress plugin for creating counter, countdown, and timer. With the counter builder plugin, you can easily create any custom counter, countdown, and timer with your custom styles.
Quick Start video
How to use and create a new counter with Counter Box plugin for WordPress.
- Unlimited items: no limited to the number of counter;
- 7 different types of counter: Countdown to date, Count from date, Countdown to week day, Timer, Timer for each user, Timer Stop & Go, Counter;
- Timzone: set your local timezone for the counter;
- Randomizer: randomizer is the unique feature that lets your counter appear extremely realistic;
- Highly Customizable: build a more powerful and influential style for your counter. Change fonts, colors, size for each element of counter;
- Live Editor: creating the counter style live;
- Vanilla JS: without using jQuery library;
- Countdown to date – the standard countdown to a specific set date. Can be used, for example as the countdown to Christmas
- Count from date – countdown from a certain date. For example, how much time has passed since the founding of Google Corporation.
- Countdown to weekday – сountdown to a specific time of the day of the week. This countdown will be updated the next day from the selected day of the week. This is a cyclical countdown. For example, can be used as the countdown until the weekly Friday party
- Timer – the timer is set for a specific time and is reset after a page refresh. Can be used to motivate users to stay on the page for a certain amount of time.
- Timer for each user – The timer will be set at a specific time for each specific user. As an example, it can be used to show a discount and hide it after the timer expires.
- Timer Stop & Go – Sets the total time that the timer will count down for each user. After the user leaves the page, the timer will be stopped and after the repeated visit by the user, timer will continue from the place when the user left the page
- Counter – counts down certain values. It can both increase and decrease. As an example, it can be used as social proof of purchases of goods by adding a certain quantity to goods at a certain time.
Achieve even better results with the Pro version:
- Powerful triggers: Hide Block, Show Block, Redirect, Hide the counter box, Show the message, Call any function;
- Delimiter of number: divide the digits of the counter into digits;
- Scheduling: add scheduling options to your counter. With multiple schedule types, you can precisely schedule your counter in just a few minutes;
- Show counter depending on language (allows creating multi-language);
- Show counter depending on user (for all users, only for logged-in users, only for not logged-in users);
Use with other plugins to maximize your results
- Popup Box – new WordPress popup plugin
- Counter Box – powerful creator of counters, timers and countdowns
- Button Generator – easily Button Builder
- Herd Effects – fake notifications and social proof plugin
- Floating Button
- Side Menu Lite – add sticky fixed buttons
- Sticky Buttons – floating buttons builder
- Bubble Menu – circle floating menu
- Float menu – awesome floating side menu
- Modal Window – create modal window
Search for answers and ask your questions at support center
- Installation option 1: Find and install this plugin in the
Add newsection of your
- Installation option 2: Download the zip file, then upload the plugin via the wp-admin in the
Add newsection. Or unzip the archive and upload the folder to the plugins directory
Activatewhen you have installed the plugin via dashboard or press
Activatein the in the
- Go to
Counter Boxsection that will appear in your main menu on the left
Add newto create your first countdown
- Setup your counter
- Click Save
- Copy and paste the shortcode, such as [Counter-Box id=1] to where you want the countdown to appear.
- If you want it to appear everywhere on your site, you can insert it for example in your
header.php, like this:
<?php echo do_shortcode('[Counter-Box id=1]');?>
- If you want to insert the shortcode into a widget, use this plugin
Contributors & Developers
“Counter Box – WordPress plugin for countdown, timer, counter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Counter Box – WordPress plugin for countdown, timer, counter” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed: minor bug in page-list
- Fixed: security update
- Fixed: minor bugs
- Fixed: security issues
- Fixed: translate file
- Updated: Support page
- Fixed: preview script
- Added: new type counter ‘Timer Stop & Go’
- Added: style for numbers
- Initial release