This plugin offers you the ability to add custom page template files to your WordPress installation without having to manage
theme folders or use a ftp client. Simply upload the custom template file you have been working on and it will be registered
with WordPress as a template option for your pages. This plugin is straight to the point and has a clean user interface using
Plugin menu is located under ‘Appearance’ menu.
Attribution: This post online and code on github by wpexplorer:
Install and activate the plugin and then find it’s options page as a submenu under the Appearance menu.
To get started, simply upload a custom page template and it should automatically be registered with WordPress, and thus it will
be an option on the ‘Edit Page’ screen under ‘Page Attributes’->’Template’ as a drop-down option.
Step By Step:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/custom-page-templates-setup/directory, or install the plugin directly
through the WordPress plugin repository (‘Plugins’->’Add New’->’Search Plugins’->’Install Now’).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Go to the option page (‘Appearance’->’Custom Page Templates’).
- Upload a custom page template php file.
- Go to the ‘Edit Page’ screen for desired page.
- Change the page template under ‘Page Attributes’->’Template’.
- Why did you make this plugin?
A friend recommended me to make this functionality into a plugin instead of incorporating it into a larger plugin.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Page Templates Setup” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial plugin.
- Updated code to correct php errors for when plugin is initally activated.