Generates a QR Code and inserts it into a blog post (shortcode) or sidebar widget. User can edit content, set module and background color, size, padding, version, etc.
Plugin uses Esponce QR Code API 3.0 to generate a QR Code image. Image is then cached on the local WordPress server.
- user defines content: message, hyperlink, e-mail, telephone number, etc.
- parameters: module and background color, size, padding, version, etc.
- displays popup dialog in editor
- displays preview in visual mode
- displays shortcode in HTML mode
- define title and content
- change foreground and background color
- change size, padding, and additional properties
- supports multiple widget instances
Video preview is available on the official plugin page.
Visit Esponce.com if you are interested in tracking features.
Note: Plugin has been tested using XAMPP (Apache on Windows) and fresh WordPress installations with default themes. Internet is a huge network, WordPress can be hosted on various servers and customized from plugins to themes, users can access it using a sea of browsers. We are trying to do our best but just cannot guarantee to work with all configurations. So please be kind enough to write a ticket if plugin is broken in your environment.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Start using the plugin by creating widgets or inserting QR Codes to blog posts
- What is QR Code?
QR Code is well described on Wikipedia.
- How does the plugin work?
Plugin generates a QR Code image using Esponce API 3.0.
Image is then downloaded and cached so all images are served from a local server.
- Why is my QR Code not displayed?
- A parameter may have wrong value, check parameters, especially ‘size’ and colors.
- Shortcode: syntax may not be valid, try to use UI editor.
- Plugin is out of date, try to update to the latest version.
- Esponce.com is in maintenance mode or API (web service) blocks connections.
- There could be other issues, e.g. bugs or browser/platform issues.
- How to use shortcode?
Edit a post and go into HTML mode:
[qrcode content="http://www.esponce.com/" size="90x90" foreground="#1982D1"]
- content – required parameter, content to be encoded in QR Code, e.g. hyperlink, phone number, message
- size – module size (number between 1 and 20) or image size (width x height where both dimensions are equal), e.g. “3” or “100×100”
- padding – distance from edges, value between 0 and 4, each unit is represents one module
- version – defines capacity and overall image size, values from 1 to 40 or empty for auto
- ec – error correction level, values: L, M (default), H, Q
- foreground – module color, color name or #[AA]RRGGBB hex value, default is “black”
- background – background color, color name or #[AA]RRGGBB hex value, e.g. “transparent” or “#00FFFFFF”, default is “white”
- tooltip – text to appear on mouse over (‘title’ attribute)
- alt – text for ‘alt’ attribute
- class – additional CSS class names
- style – additional CSS styles
Note: double quotes are escaped as " and new lines as &br;
- A feature is not working as expected. What can I do?
There are some settings you can change. Open esp-qrcode.php in editor (or edit plugin code in WordPress) and change PHP constants:
- ESPONCE_PERMALINK_WITH_QUERY – a value indicating whether to include URL query in permalink: true to add query strings (default value), false for no query strings (smaller QR code)
- ESPONCE_ENABLE_CACHING – enable image caching: true to save generated QR Code image on local server (more reliable), false to always generate new image from web service (frequent content changes)
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Esponce QR Code Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Esponce QR Code Generator” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Widget: fixed issue for permalink
- Widget: advanced options: tooltip, alt, alignment
- Shortcode: extra options: alt, ec, class, style
- Shortcode: fixed issues with escaping quotes
- QR Code size can be specified as “width x height”
- Bug fixes
- Widget: added caption
- Widget: added permalink
- Added caching
- Bug fixes
- Improved widget and shortcode
- First release