If Modified Since tells search engine spiders one of two things about a webpage:
- This webpage has not changed, no need to download again.
- This webpage has changed so download again because there is new information.
If the requested page has not been modified since the time specified by a search engine spider, a 304 (not modified) response will be returned without any message-body.
If you have any issues using If Modified Since, find a bug or have an idea to make the plugin even better then please help to improve If Modified Since.
If you don’t report it, I can’t fix it!
- Upload the
if-modified-sincefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- No need to configure, it just works!
- Do I need this when I already use a caching plugin like W3 Total Cache?
Some plugins like W3TC support the If-Modified-Since header, so there’s no need to install this plugin.
- How do I know if the plugin works after installing?
You can test If Modified Since here
Contributors & Developers
“If Modified Since” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “If Modified Since” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Beta release