Big main picture of a gallery and thumbnails of others, and the main image changes when one clicks thumbnails. Replaces the standard wordpress [gallery] shortcode output. No flash. Available options: width, heigth, thumbnail height, size, link to image file or not.
lil-gallery.zipfrom Plugins/Add New/Upload and activate the plugin.
- Set desirable default options of the plugin at the Li’l Gallery options page.
- How can I change some gallery look?
Here is a gallery shortcode sample with the full set of parameters:
[gallery id=”10″ width=”500″ height=”400″ link=”file” size=”medium” thumbnail_height=”80″ order=”ASC” orderby=”ID” exclude=”11,12″ featured=”exclude”]
- id: integer, the ID of a post the images attached to. Default: current post ID.
- width: width in pixels (px) of the DIV block that contains the gallery, overflow hidden. Empty by default, then the gallery takes 100% of available width.
- height: height in pixels of the DIV block that contains first image of a gallery. Empty by default. If your gallery includes both portrait and landscape images or different width/height rate the page height may change when you click thumbnails, and you can avoid this inconvenience by setting this parameter for the specific gallery instance.
- link: ‘file’ or ‘none’, default ‘file’ – is the main image clickable or not.
- size: ‘medium’, ‘large’ or ‘file’ – the size of a main image, default ‘medium’.
- thumbnail_height: to make thumbnails row looks pretty (it is not real size of your thumbnails), default 60 (pixels).
- order, orderby, exclude – the same as in standard wordpress gallery.
- featured: ‘include’ (default) or ‘exclude’ – is the featured image of a post displayed in a gallery or not.
Contributors & Developers
“Li'l Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- New parameter/option: featured image exclusion.
- Fixed bug in links from main image.
- Correction of handling link and thumbnail_height parameters, small changes in css.
- Now the plugin can use [gallery] or [lil_gallery] shortcode, of your choice.
- First public version.