This is a simple plugin to put the
<!--nextpage--> buttons back in the WordPress editor Toolbars.
The only caveat to using this plugin is that it uses functionality that has been in the WordPress core but hidden since the NextPage button was removed not long ago. All the functionality for handling the
If you’re OK with having functionality that could break in the next revision to WordPress then use this until anything does change in WordPress.
- Upload the
nextpage-buttonsfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Open a post to edit, you will now have next-page buttons in both WYSIWYG and HTML editing modes
- What happens if WordPress enables the NextPage tag in the future?
Chances are it’ll be pretty obvious that something weird is happening with the Toolbar functionality. In that event you should simply deactivate this plugin.
- What happens if WordPress removes the current code that is used from being loaded?
If that ever happens I’ll alter this plugin to load that code directly and we’ll be back in business.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“NextPage Buttons” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “NextPage Buttons” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- fixing addition to button during plain text editing mode.
- adding i18n support with Spanish & French translations.
- Thanks to Andrew Kurtis for the Spanish translation.
- bumping version number to circumvent the wordpress plugin directory obsolete plugin purgatory.
- Initial release