The Post To Sidebar plugin makes it easy to display post content in the sidebar areas of your site. Once the widget is activated, a multi-select dropdown of all your published pages appears on post editing screens. Select the pages upon which you want the post to be displayed and the post will appear on those pages.
There are options to hide the post title in the output and to show the content as an excerpt.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Go to Settings > Post to Sidebar Settings and configure the settings.
- Your post edit screens will now have Post To Sidebar options available.
- Place the Post To Sidebar Widget in one of your sidebar areas.
- Does Post To Sidebar work with custom post types?
Yes. There are checkboxes on the Post to Sidebar Settings page to make the plugin options available where you want them.
- The widget has no options. What do I do?
Just put it in your sidebar. That’s it. When you create a post, set the options in the Post To Sidebar Options meta box.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Post To Sidebar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Removed support for Justin Tadlock’s “Get The Image” script. The implementation was somewhat clunky.
- Lots of tweaks and fixes. Changed the code to query posts and all custom post types. Uses get_post_types().
- Fixed PHP constructor in widget_post_to_sidebar.php. Was having issues with PHP versions less than 5.3.
- Fixed bad function call in widget_post_to_sidebar.php oops.
- Now using more unique function naming structure in widget_post_to_sidebar.php.
- Update to description in readme.txt.
- Minor update.
- First Release.