Got an old domain? 404 errors all over? using WordPress?
Time to remove those 404 errors and recover your lost inbound links…
Using SEO404, a very lightweight plugin for WordPress, you can easily change all those 404 errors to 301 redirects for your blog frontpage.
- Since 0.3 define the 301 redirect destination url.
We’ve used this technique to force redirects to the frontpage before. Though usually just included it in a wordpress theme. But why not have this as a plugin? So here is SEO404 WordPress plugin, ready for use.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the ‘SEO404’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place ” in your templates
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“SEO404” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
* Bug fixes
* Minor text changes
* Plugin configuration page added.
* Now can redirect 404 errors to specific url (if defined on configuration page)
Removed namespace, to provide compatibility with older versions of PHP
Basic functionality – hooks into wordpress and redirects to front page.