The Simple Posts Ticker plugin brings a lightweight, flexible and easy way to configure news ticker plugin to WordPress website. This plugin adds scrolling horizontal posts tickers to your site. It can be use as shortcode or PHP codes. You can customize every setting of this plugin in the admin dashboard.
Advantage of this plugin
- Lightweight jQuery.
- CSS Ticker Animation.
- Easy to configuration.
- Multi Post Support.
- Full RTL Support.
- Custom Post Types support.
- Select post by date/modified date or randomly.
- Select posts by their category.
- Option to show a label before ticker.
- Option to customize all and everything.
- Supports localization.
Like Simple Posts Ticker plugin? Consider leaving a 5 star review.
Using default settings: [spt-posts-ticker]
You can use some attributes to override the original settings. Please see plugin settings for detailed shortcode attributes.
- This plugin is fully compatible with WordPress Version 4.6 and beyond and also compatible with any WordPress theme.
- Community support via the support forums at WordPress.org.
- Active development of this plugin is handled on GitHub.
- Feel free to fork the project on GitHub and submit your contributions via pull request.
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘Simple Posts Ticker’ and install it.
- Or you can upload the
simple-posts-tickerfolder to the
- Activate Simple Posts Ticker from your Plugins page.
- After activation go to ‘Settings > Simple Posts Ticker’.
- Configure settings according to your need and save changes.
- How to add this to your site?
If you want to add this somewhere else on your site, like header, footer, sidebar, etc, then probably the easiest way is to go to Appearance, Widgets, and place a text widget somewhere in your layout, and use the shortcode in that.
- Is this plugin support custom post types?
Yes. this plugin automatically detects all custom post types and shows all of them as a drop down in plugin settings. You need to just select it from plugin settings.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Posts Ticker – Easy, Lightweight & Flexible” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simple Posts Ticker – Easy, Lightweight & Flexible” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
If you like Simple Posts Ticker, please take a moment to give a 5-star rating. It helps to keep development and support going strong. Thank you!
Release Date: March 23, 2020
- Added: WPML Compatibility.
- Tested upto WordPress v5.4.
Release Date: December 21, 2019
- Added: It is now possible to use multiple posts type in a single ticker.
Excludeshortcode parameters to include and exclude posts respectively.
- Improved: Query Input using sanitization.
Release Date: December 20, 2019
- Added: New shortcode paarameters
- Improved: The Marquee script loading mechanism.
- Improved: The Compatibility with RTL websites.
- Improved: Compatibility with WordPress jQuery.
- Fixed: Some duplicate CSS classes.
- Fixed: Plugin settings JS Warning in Browser Console.
Release Date: December 10, 2019
- Added: Option to set Post Info position.
- Improved: Marquee loading time.
- Improved: Post Query Mechanism.
- Improved: Admin UI.
- Improved: Custom CSS Output.
- Fixed: Wrong Tooltip text.
- Fixed: Minor Plugin settings JS problem.
Release Date: December 9, 2019
- Improvement: Added option to enable/disable links.
- Improvement: Admin UI.
- Improvement: Uninstallation Process.
Release Date: December 8, 2019
IMPORTANT: Please reconfigure the plugin settings after successful plugin update.
- NEW: RTL Support.
- Improvement: This plugin will now use jQuery Marquee Plugin.
- Improvement: Admin Settings become more user friendly now.
- Improvement: It is now possible to Import or Export plugin settings.
- Fixed: Some minor CSS issues.
- Fixed: Some broken links.
- Fixed: Some untranslated strings.
- Removed: Some unnessary files.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.3.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
- View the Changelog file.