Organize, schedule and automate the posting of your content and photos on your social networks. It is very similar to TweetDeck, Buffer, Falcon, ContentCal… except it is unlimited and extensible infinitely! You own the entire system once it is installed, it runs within your WordPress, and there are no limitations. You are completely independent from a third-party service, and you can extend the way it works too.
Currently, the following social networks are supported:
- Facebook (Pro Version)
- Instagram (Pro Version)
Here are the current features:
- Pretty UI
- Post planification
- Post with photos
- Plan WordPress posts automatically
- Retrieval of the views and likes
- Draft support (Pro Version)
Important: Social Engine does not require a third-party service! 💕
This has a lot of obvious advantages: you have nothing to pay, there are no limitations, your data doesn’t go anywhere else, you are totally independent, etc.
However, this means you will need to set up a direct connection between your Social Engine and each social network. That requires a bit of time and efforts if you have never done it before. I try my best to make the process easier, but the difficulty depends on the social network.
You can hire someone (or maybe myself) if you really need help.
We provide actions, filters and an API so that you can extend the plugin the way you like. Please let us know what you would like to do, and we’ll give you everything you need. Please check the section about extensibility in the documentation.
- Upload the plugin to your WordPress.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Try it with one file first! 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“Social Engine (Schedule & Publish Social Content)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Social Engine (Schedule & Publish Social Content)” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Add: Handle errors from services better.
- Update: Bigger lightbox.
- Add: Revive (to create Social Posts automatically based on the current content)
Update: The statistics data is stored more constantly.
0.3.0 (2022/08/31) =
* Fix: Stats for Facebook.
- Add: Better logs (especially for Twitter).
- Fix: It was not possible to edit at the same time similar content.
- Info: We absolutely need your help and feedback! Don’t hesite to contact me to let me know any issue or enhancement you would like to see. Last but not least, please write a review here: Social Engine on WordPress. That will help a lot! The plugin is totally invisible on the WordPress Repository without those reviews. Thank you ♥️
- Fix: Better refresh of the Published Social Posts.
- Update: More UI enhancements.
- Fix: The statistics are back.
- Update: Many enhancements in the UI.
- Update: Many enhancements in the UI.
- Add: Option to automatically schedule social posts for blog posts.
- Add: Calendar view.
- Update: Enhanced UI.
- Updated: Fix many things in the UI.
- Update: Removed the + within the main UI, and added a “New Post” button in the sidebar.
- Add: A modal to create social post.
- Info: Lot of fixes and improvements. We are still working on a beta, to make the UI more and more powerful. We will be working on new exciting features when everything is stable and nice. It’s going to be awesome!
- Add: Gallery Post for Instagram.
- Add: Settings for Posting Times (more to come in the UI to make this really user-friendly).
- Update: Improved the way the posts are loading.
- Fix: Issue when uploading images and using the Uploader.
- Add: Draft is now an option disabled by default.
- Fix: LinkedIn.
- Fix: Number of characters depending on the service.
- Fix: There was issues with LinkedIn.
- Add: More icons in the admin, for clarity.
- Fix: Fresh builds with enhanced Neko UI framework.
- Add: UI improvements.
- Add: Sort the posts ASC or dESC.
- Add: Many UI improvements.
- Add: Support for Instagram.
- Add: The day can be locked now (that way, we can mark a day as “done” when preparing the posts).
- Update: Better icons and buttons.
- Add: Show parts of the content in the bar when posts are minimized.
- Info: Pro Version released on the store.
- Fix: So many more fixes and enhancements.
- Fix: A lot of them!
- Add: Support for LinkedIn.
- Info: First release.