SyntaxHighlighter Evolved PHP5 is a plugin for self-hosted WordPress that adds support to Alex Mills’ (Viper007) SyntaxHighlighter Evolved plugin for the PHP5 language .
It provides a brush designed to work with the SyntaxHighlighter Evolved WordPress plugin . To be able to use this plugin, you will need the SyntaxHighlighter Evolved plugin installed.
it includes many improvements over the bundled PHP plugin
- PHP opening and closing tags are captured
- Variables within double-quoted strings are captured
- Numerical values are captured
- a large superset of PHP’s function names are recognized
- Custom function names are captured
this plugin does not interfere with the standard bundled version of the PHP hightligher; both versions can be used together, as shown here :live demo
In order to use SyntaxHighlighter Evolved PHP5, you must first install SyntaxHighlighter Evolved.
Extract all files from the ZIP file, making sure to keep the file/folder structure intact, and then upload it to /wp-content/plugins/.
Go to the admin area of your WordPress install and click on the “Plugins” menu. Click on “Activate” for the “SyntaxHighlighter Evolved: PHP5” plugin.
Just wrap your code in
your code here
wrap your code in
[php5], such as
[php5] code here
The shortcodes accept a wide variety of parameters. For details, see the bottom of the SyntaxHighlighter Evolved’s settings page.
- The code is just being displayed raw. It isn’t being converted into a code box or anything. What’s wrong?
Make sure your theme’s
<?php wp_footer(); ?>somewhere inside of it, otherwise the plugin won’t be able to do it’s thing.
INFO: When you find a that a keyword or a other special word of PHP5 is not highlighted. Please write entry into the forum of this plugin. -> Support Forum
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“SyntaxHighlighter Evolved PHP5” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Peer review and quality assurance; first version to be officially published
- Updated php5 brush stylesheet and script to version 3.0.83, as provided by David Chambers.
- Added support for accessing plugin via [php5].
- Bug fixes.
- Initial release