TrimPress optimizes and trims some of the cruft from WordPress for a lighter, more secure theme!
- Slow down the Heartbeat API to save on admin-ajax usage.
- Disable cart fragments, a resource-intensive WooCommerce script (TrimPress automatically detects WooCommerce and only shows this option if it is active).
- Remove unnecessary clutter from the WordPress section, like RSS, RSD, WLW manifest and adjacent post links.
- Disable the built-in WordPress code editors that allow users to modify plugin and theme code.
- Limit post revisions, which can cause unnecessary database bloat.
- Disable automatic emoji rendering, which adds several extra scripts and styles to your site.
- Disable the XML-RPC interface, an older system for remote WordPress access that can be exploited by hackers.
- Remove the meta generator tag and version url parameters that let potential attackers know what WordPress version you’re using.
- Disable comment autolinking, a feature often exploited by spammers.
- Namespaced and object-oriented code.
- Adheres to WordPress Coding Standards.
- No special set-up required – just click install and activate, and you’re good to go!
- If you manually download the plugin, just unzip to the WordPress plugins folder and the plugin will be automatically detected. It can then be activated as normal.
Contributors & Developers
“TrimPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed bug with heartbeat setting.
- Simplified and refactored some of the code, and improved mobile styling.
- Added extra Save button at top of settings page.
- Removed the disable oembed functionality, which was no longer effective. Changes in how WordPress handles embeds means disabling this functionality is more complex and the consequences more far-reaching. If users really want to disable this functionality, consider a dedicated plugin like Disable Embeds.
- Added full translation support.
- Initial release.