Displays user info using a shortcode that can be placed in a post, page or widget or with template tags that can be added directly to your theme files. If the user has a Gravatar, it will be included as well. The information is pulled from the user’s WordPress profile.
To install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place [userinfo] in your posts, pages or widgets
- You can include the following attributes:
- id = the user’s id, defaults to author of current post/page
- align = right or left, aligns the Gravatar. If not included, will default to left.
- name = yes or no, will include the user’s name or not
- email = yes or no, will include the user’s email, a link from the user’s name. Name attribute must either not be included or be included and have the value ‘no’
- url = yes or no, will include the user’s url, if available. Will display after the description.
- To= use directly in your template files use the format:
- uinfo_display($id, $align, $name, $email, $url);
- eg: uinfo_display(1, “left”, “yes”,”no”, $no);
- All of the attributes/function arguments are optional, but if you omit one from the template tag you must leave in the comma
- eg: uinfo_display();
- uinfo_display(47, “right”, ,”no”, “no”);
- eg: uinfo_display();
- Where does the plugin get it’s user information from?
The information is pulled from the user’s WordPress profile (http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/users.php) and the image is the user’s Gravatar (http://en.gravatar.com/)
- To do
Add Twitter and Facebook support
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“User Info Display” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “User Info Display” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Template tag now available
- Fixed a bug where email setting did not work properly
- Added email address, if available
- Added user’s name
- Added the user’s url, if available
- Change to readme.txt only
- Removed the dependance on User Photo plugin
- Added Gravatar support (if user has a Gravatar it will be displayed)
- Initial version.