This plugin creates a new blog on your server for all the posts on your site, much like http://wordpress.com/tags/
For performance reasons the number of posts is limited to a user configurable amount, and the blog itself can be made indexable by search engines or not.
- Install in your plugins directory in the usual way and network activate the plugin. There is no need to put it in mu-plugins.
- Login as a site administrator and go to Super Admin->Sitewide Tags.
- “Tags blog” defaults to “tags” but can be anything. This is the blog where your sitewide posts will live. It will be created if it doesn’t exist.
- Check “Post to main blog” to use your main blog as the tags blog.
- “Max posts” defaults to 5000. Older posts will be deleted if this threshold is broken.
- Check “Include Pages” to include both posts and pages, handy for making a sitewide search.
- “Privacy” defaults to public, pages can be indexed by search engines.
- When “Privacy” is not public, check “Non-Public Blogs” to include blogs not indexed by search engines.
- Add “Post Meta” custom fields to be copied with posts/pages.
- “Populate Posts” allows you to fill in posts from an existing blog.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress MU Sitewide Tags Pages” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- duplicate category fix
- page permalink fix
- thumbnail size filter
- Run populate feature in source blog context.
- Added resource warning for populate feature.
- Fixed PHP warnings.
- Only insert categories for published posts.
- Move SWT admin to its own screen.
- Added thumbnail support.
- Added custom taxonomy (including post formats) support.
- Update admin screens for WordPress 3.1.
- Bug fix – only push published content to the tags blog
- Added option to include pages in tags blog.
- Added option to include non search engine indexed blogs if tags blog not indexed.
- Added option for post meta to be copied with post.