The most powerful search and filter plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce. It replaces the standard WordPress search and adds autocomplete, spell correct, PDF search, and image search to your WordPress site or WooCommerce Store. It also adds a completely free voice search capability to your site. For more information visit Expertrec.com
This search plugin provides a highly customizable search engine and UI, and a lightning-fast search experience. It also adds search filters and a result page automatically. You can also search multiple websites (your own subdomains and/or other domains) from the same search bar.
You can build and configure your own WordPress search user interface without coding. Please note that this is a paid plugin (plans begin at $9 per month) and that you may try out a free demo for a duration of 14 days. However, you can continue using the voice search feature for free even after the trial period ends.
- Superfast search results
- WooCommerce product search
- Custom fields search
- Free voice search
- Relevant search results
- Search Filters and Facets
- Image search
- PDF search
- Custom Search engine rules
- No-code UI Customization
- Quick and easy configuration
- Fast typeahead autocomplete search suggestions
- Popular queries in suggestions
- Search Ranking control
- Advanced word matching and typo correction
- Natural Language Search
- Personalized search
- Search Analytics
- Learning search algorithms that continuously gets better
- Highlighting Search term
- Responsive – works across mobile, tablet, desktop, and android app
- Supports 30+ Languages
- Search multiple websites or subdomains
- No Ads
ExpertRec helps create beautiful search experiences for WordPress sites and WooCommerce Stores. To take our search engine live, you can follow the instructions in this article: How to install expertrec’s WordPress search plugin
- Install the plugin from within the Dashboard by navigating to ‘plugins’ -> ‘Add new’ menu in the Admin panel and searching “WP Fastest Site Search”. Or, upload the directory wp-fastest-site-search and all its contents to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Once the plugin is activated, go to the ‘Site Search’ menu in the Admin panel.
- Leave ‘Site URL’ and ‘Indexing way’ as it is unless required to change and click on ‘Continue’.
- Authenticate with your Google account to create Expertrec API.
Price begins at 9 USD per month. For complete pricing details click here. Voice search is free to use.
You can find solutions and answers at the ExpertRec Knowledge Base.
What is my API Key?
A common mistake is to think that your API key is the same as your email ID or web URL. API key is a unique identifier that you get when you make an account with ExpertRec. This key is used to identify and power your search. You can read more about getting your API key here.
Why is the search bar not appearing?
Does the search bar support live search / ajax search?
Yes, the ExpertRec site search plugin is a live search plugin and it will support AJAX search.
Do I need an account to make a Custom Search Engine
Yes, you will need to sign up with ExpertRec to get your API key. Once you have this, you will be able to add the custom search engine to your website.
Can I use this on my Woocommerce store?
Yes, ExpertRec site search does support Woocommerce search. The steps for installation are exactly the same. The search bar will intelligently detect Woocommerce and make the neccessary changes to get a better search experience suited to eCommerce.
Does it support voice search?
Voice search is supported by the ExpertRec site search widget on Chrome browser. Support for Firefox is in beta and can be made available on request.
Is voice search free to use?
Voice search is entirely free to use. During the 14-day free trial you can test out the full capability of the search engine. After that, you can continue using the voice search along with the default WordPress search. It is recommended that you take a paid plan for getting maximum performance.
Can I search multiple websites or multiple subdomains using this plugin?
Yes, you can do both. Using this plugin your search bar will give results from both your main domain and all subdomains. You can also selectively choose which of your subdomains should be included in the search results. If you wish to search a completely separate domain, then this can also be done by adding the new domain to the list of URLs to crawl.
Is there any addtional charges for searching multiple URLs?
No, all charges are based on the total number of pages in the search index. There is no limit on the number of domains that you can add.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Fastest Site Search” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Released on 30th June 2022.
- Restricted plugin script’s scope to wordpress admin panel only.
- Improved indexing of attributes having date.
- Fixed custom fields indexing issue.
- Released on 24th June 2022.
- Auto detection of indexing option for woo-commerce.
- Improved text labels in plugin UI.
- Released on 17th June 2022.
- Added feedback form to capture the user experience when the plugin is deactivated.
- Released on 9th June 2022.
- Fixed indexing issue for PHP version less than 7.2.
- Removed “Only dropdown” support from the plugin’s layout tab. Users can still select that from Expertrec’s dashboard.
- Removed excessive logging.
- Released on 2nd June 2022.
- Support for custom fields.
- Addressed Empty content post issue in a page.
- Released on 30th May 2022.
- Adopted composer.
- Improved error reporting of plugin.
- Released on 12th May 2022.
- Fixed advanced tab buttons issue.
- Improved support for currency and WooCommerce brands.
- Improved plugin activity for activation, deactivation and uninstallation.
- Released on 5th May 2022.
- Minor fix.
- Released on 3rd May 2022.
- Re-indexing products whose stock status changes from in-stock to out-of-stock and vice versa.
- Released on 22nd April 2022.
- Fixed issue with first time indexing.
- Released on 20th April 2022.
- Added support for Woocommerce.
- Added Google sign-in.
- Completly different UI from the older plugin.
- Improved and faster search with database indexing.