Automatically generate the featured image from the image of the post.
- Generate the featured image collectively.
- Automatically generate the featured image when you save a post.
- Bulk delete the featured image of the posts.
- Display the featured image items in the Post list.
- Upload the
xo-featured-image-toolsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
Mukutulansanja 9, 2023
XO Featured Image is the ONLY plugin that works reliably to automatically set a featured image. I do many transfers from Blogger and TypePad to Wordpress, and this is the only plugin that consistently works for setting the featured images for these posts. It's simplicity itself, without a ton of settings. Thanks for providing such a stable plugin!
Ogwekkuminogumu (Museenene) 16, 2022 5 replies
Thank you for the great plugin. Is exactly what I was looking for and the best plugin you can find for this purpose... But: The following image URLs often appear in my posts: image.jpg?uid=Yi3w9CE. These image files are not captured by your plugin. So far I only knew this from form data transmissions like: index.html?var=123. But I have such pictures in my posts. Can you fix this in the next update please? My suggested solution would be: $path= substr( $url, strrpos( $url, '.' )+4); $url = str_ireplace($path, '', $url);
Ogwomwenda (Mutunda) 21, 2022
Ogwekkuminogumu (Museenene) 24, 2021
This is a replacement from "Auto Featured Image (Auto Post Thumbnail)". Anyway, I think it's good that it is simple without any extra functions. I don't want this kind of plugin to be highly functional. Rather, I emphasize stable operation.
Kafuumuulampawu 18, 2021
Easy setup. It works great!
Mukutulansanja 25, 2021
Works perfectly Nice clean options Optimal code 🙌
Contributors & Developers
“XO Featured Image Tools” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“XO Featured Image Tools” has been translated into 6 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “XO Featured Image Tools” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed a bug that search did not work properly on the post list page of the admin screen.
- Fixed a bug that some images such as external images could not be acquired.
- Improved accuracy in acquiring featured images.
- Added a plugin action link.
- Supported PHP 8.1 and WordPress 6.2.
- Fixed a bug that caused a warning message to appear when deleting a post.
- Added xo_featured_image_tools_post_content filter.
- Added an option to exclude draft post.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes failed to acquire external images.
- Added support for image URLs with query parameters.
- Added xo_featured_image_tools_image_url filter.
- Added the function to batch delete featured images.
- Changed the post status to batch generate feature images.
- Added escaping to multiple translate texts for enhanced security.
- Fixed a bug that the featured image was not set correctly when skipping small images.
- Added support for WebP external image.
- Added support for gallery (block, shortcode).
- Added the option to exclude small images.
- Batch processing has been changed to process only posts that have no featured images to speed up processing.
- Added option to set default image.
- Migrated language packs to translate.wordpress.org (GlotPress).
- Support external images.
- Initial release.