This plugin allows you to replace an attachment file by uploading another image or by downloading one from a specified URL, without deleting the attachment. The plugin handles the image sizes generation and the attachment metadata update, and you will see the result right away.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
3.3.1 – Added SVGs to the list of potential images that can be replaced
3.3.0 – Tested up to 6.2; added in the sidebar box the link to any image replace page; preview update of the image in the post content when the image is used in the core blocks: image, media-text, post featured image; minor styles updates
3.2.0 – Tested up to 5.8.2, changed the priority for the filter to execute later , added webp to the allowed types
3.1.0 – Tested up to 5.8.1, link in the media view, styles updates, new screenshots and demo video
3.0.0 – Tested up to 5.8, added new tools item that allows for searching and replacing images from that point, added featured image block for Gutenberg compatibility, UI updates, decouple from jQuery, translation ready
2.2.1 – Fixed the images sizes generation on image replacement, buttons styles for small resolution.
2.2 – Tested up to 5.5, icon update.
2.1 – Tested up to 5.2.2.
2.0 – Tested up to 5.2.1.
1.0 – Initial release.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Easy Replace Image
Easy Replace Imageto the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your application
- Login as Admin
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Replace Image” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Easy Replace Image” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added SVGs to the list of potential images that can be replaced
- Tested up to 6.2
- Added in the sidebar box the link to any image replace page
- Added preview update of the image in the post content when the image is used in the core blocks: image, media-text, post featured image
- Minor styles updates
- Tested up to 5.8.2
- Changed the priority for the filter to execute later (allowing third-party plugins to perform early filters)
- Added webp to the allowed types that potentially replace files (this still depends on the server configuration and the core version)
- Tested up to 5.8.1
- Added link to the replace feature for the images in the media view
- Styles changes to blend in more in all the WordPress screens
- New screenshots and demo video
- Tested up to 5.8
- Added new tools item that allows for searching and replacing images from that point
- Added featured image block for Gutenberg compatibility
- UI updates
- Decouple the plugin from jQuery legacy library
- Translation ready
- Fixed the images sizes generation on image replacement.
- Buttons styles for small resolution.
- Tested up to 5.5
- Icon update
- Tested up to 5.2.2
- Tested up to 5.2.1
- Allow to replace file with a new uploaded image
- Allow to replace file by downloading an image from a specified URL