This Plugin converts Shownotes in OSF (Open Shownotes Format) to HTML, mp4 Chapters and Audacity/Reaper label tracks. All links to Amazon, will automatically converted to affiliate links. It also can import the show notes directly from the shownot.es ShowPad und will provide many metadata features in future.
only on GitHub
if you need help, go to github.com/simonwaldherr/wp-osf-shownotes
- Upload the
shownotes-shortcodefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Use the
[shownotes]shortcode in your post or page with the options on the front page.
- Visit the options page
What does this Plugin?
convert OSF to HTML
What is OSF?
a simple format for (Podcast-) show notes, more informations about OSF are at the OSF-in-a-Nutshell Repo
Why should i use it?
it’s easy to write, you get better results in less time and it’s automatically changes links to affiliate links
do i have to use the ShowPad?
no, you don’t have to, but we recommend it
under which license the code is released?
how do i get the nice icons?
you can select one of the CSS files in the shownotes settings
what must i do to get the affiliate links?
enter your Amazon affiliate ID in the settings
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Shownotes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Shownotes” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- big problem with search – sorry
- fix “PHP Error: The /e modifier is deprecated”
- set search to shownotes + blogpost as default, but you can turn it off (opt-out in settings page)
- proxy all Shownot.es-API Requests through your own server, so it is encrypted with your SSL connection
- remove preview buttons (most browsers nowadays block all popups)
- search improved for multisite installations and installations with a custom db prefix (many thanks to @chemiker)
- search in shownotes and blogpost content at the same time (many thanks to @RobRoy)
- wordpress search is a bit of confusing, so i made a switch to turn the show notes search on and off
- a few fixes
- performance improvements
- analyze osf shownotes
- enable search of OSF content
- provide chapters to other plugins (pwp)
- old icons are depricated
- fix crazy wordpress multisite bug
- cascading bugfix
- osf export bugfix
- minor fixes
- more icons
- error on save bugfix
- fix a bug which hides all untagged items
- more icons
- osf as git submodule
- accept more person string formats
- more small fixes
- small fixes
- more and nicer icons
- preview via php parser (instead of tinyOSF)
- API added
- more stable as 0.3.3
- save and preselect ShowPad Pad name
- empty chapters fix
- chapter without time fix
- add more hierarchy (ranks)
- improvements for instaca.st
- some small improvements
- font awesome icons added
- API Cache on Serverside added
- added hierarchy at list template
- added upgrade code in settings
- works even without chapters and times
- more valid HTML
- better feed code
- code cleanup
- new Screenshots
- WordPress SVN Bugfix
- new template added (buttons)
- firefox style fix
- better style
- small fixes
- better output
- clean feed output
- delimiter bug fixed
- titles added to items
- switch between in- and exclude tags
- much better tags handling
- put osf code in a separate file
- requires at least 3.1 (no, not really, but there is no reason to run WP3.0)
- filter disturbing chars at beginning and end of items
- fix custom field rename bug
- rename custom field shownotes to _shownotes to hide it from custon fields list
- open links in new tab/window
- podcaster template added
- header/get persons code improved
- change – to & #8209;
- show more debug info
- delimiter after last item added
- delimiter after subitem bugfix
- debug mode added
- only show template associated options
- chapter delemiter added
- preview in popup added
- show all podcasts in dropdown (asterisk)
- better templates
- various improvements
- load Pads and Padcontent via AJAX
- better shortcode handling
- delimiter changeable
- shortcodes changeable
- better shownoter matching
- also include subitems without tags
- small bugs removed
- typographically correct quotation marks
- export modes renamed and glossary added
- show shownoter (as new output mode)
- tags selectable via attributes
- markdown support added
- settings rearranged
- small fullmode fix
- shownot.es CSS can be turned off
- import from ShowPad
- export tags changeable
- wikigeeks style added
- first Version on WordPress.org.
- working Version with meta_box and shortcode content.